Go To www.mercedesbenz4x4.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Importing Old Topics

+2
Administrator
gisham
6 posters

Go down

Importing Old Topics Empty Importing Old Topics

Post by gisham Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:44 am

I know Harold and some of the guys were grabbing some of the old data from P3- Wonder if it can be imported? I have never done it to any of my forums but it might be worth some research-
gisham
gisham
Founding Member
Founding Member

Number of posts : 3
Vehicle(s) : 2002 ML320, 2002 G500, 1994 FJ80 LandCruiser
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Back to top Go down

Importing Old Topics Empty Re: Importing Old Topics

Post by Administrator Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:50 am

gisham wrote:I know Harold and some of the guys were grabbing some of the old data from P3- Wonder if it can be imported? I have never done it to any of my forums but it might be worth some research-
Not legally. Unless permission is given to do so, the forum owns the posts first and the user second, which means the USER can post their own info but not another user's.

Administrator
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 22
Vehicle(s) : M Classes
Registration date : 2007-12-29

https://benzenthusiast.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FoxBaker Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:26 pm

Administrator wrote:
gisham wrote:I know Harold and some of the guys were grabbing some of the old data from P3- Wonder if it can be imported? I have never done it to any of my forums but it might be worth some research-
Not legally. Unless permission is given to do so, the forum owns the posts first and the user second, which means the USER can post their own info but not another user's.
This is interesting as this forum woukd gain for existing threats. I'd say if P3 stuff cannot be transferred it'll be hard to switch into this environment. Would be sad as usage of this surface is easy and looking good.
FoxBaker
FoxBaker
Founding Member
Founding Member

Number of posts : 4
Vehicle(s) : 300 GSEL
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by TexWagen Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:42 pm

Administrator wrote:Not legally. Unless permission is given to do so, the forum owns the posts first and the user second, which means the USER can post their own info but not another user's.

Pardon my ignorance in matters like these, but if P3 "vanishes" and has no one claiming it any longer, who's gonna care? scratch
TexWagen
TexWagen
Founding Member
Founding Member

Number of posts : 4
Vehicle(s) : 2003 G500

Back to top Go down

Post by cmitch Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:58 pm

There's one thing to remember. P3 hasn't been updated in 2 years. In 2 more years of no updates, it will most likely be noticeable and frustrating to those who have updated browser software. In other words, the longer a site goes without software updates, the more incompatible it will be to the general public. This site's software was last updated in January of '08 and automatically, I might add, by the server host. No one had to gripe and complain for months, wondering if it was going to be done. There are literally hundreds of open source technicians who constantly work on this software to better it's security and features. As soon as version 3 is stable enough, it will be updated to that with even more features.

P3 has been a labor of love for so many who cared about it, when the administrator didn't care back. There comes a time when you have to realize something's not happening. Time and energy needs to be invested in a site that will be here for the long term and can be updated to keep up with the times. I, of all people, did not want to see P3 die. I endured the ridicule of snotty 'other site' moderators who turned out to be right concerning the direction of the forum. I guarantee you, there are people here who care. We just need people to be supportive of us while we move on with this.

Please bear with us as we make the appropriate modifications and changes to make this site even better. DUTCH and I both have the keys so if one of us gets hit by a bus, you can rest assured the other will be able to move on with it. I will make sure DUTCH and I never take the same plane flight. thumbsup
cmitch
cmitch
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 44
Vehicle(s) : 1999 ML430, 2002 ML320
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by DUTCH Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:48 am

I have been advised that one of our members (not Harald or one of his minions) has grabbed the entire P3 Gwagen forum. It is reported to be complete with all threads, links and photos. It apparently cannot be directly transferred to this website for several reasons; but it can be put on a DVD for complete browsing of the entire forum anywhere and off line.

DUTCH
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 31
Vehicle(s) : 2000 G500 NMLE, 2007 ML320CDI

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: